We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around once a year will probably move their business because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved about $3,450 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Bakersfield is your ultimate goal, then understanding how to shop for coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Bakersfield is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers in California.
- Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article gives ideas to get better rates and get additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Bakersfield auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Ford may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current Shelby GT350 insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have better auto insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, driver training, 55 and retired, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and online signing.
- AAA offers discounts including anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
- American Family has savings for defensive driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, driver training, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Finding Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Bakersfield
Just remember that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
It’s not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford Shelby GT350 to commute?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Comparing prices from local Bakersfield auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Bakersfield.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Bakersfield who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Bakersfield agents can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to include price quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Shown below are Bakersfield independent insurance agencies who may be able to give you price quotes.
- Hay Insurance Agency Inc.
4921 Calloway Dr # 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 829-8933 – View Map
- Fallgatter Rhodes Insurance
1701 G St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 324-2424 – View Map
- William K Lyons Agency Inc
2100 F St # 200 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-9731 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Shannon Hill
2500 New Stine Rd Ste 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 836-1136 – View Map
- Sal Brito – State Farm Insurance Agent
1410 Wible Rd #107 – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 398-5144 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ana M. Arreola
6649 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 633-2633 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How are claims handled?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More affordable auto insurance in Bakersfield is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Bakersfield, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)