Shockingly, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. California drivers could save nearly $470 each year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget GMC Envoy insurance in Bakersfield is to compare quotes annually from different companies who sell insurance in California.
- Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Make sure you keep your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at every insurance company. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you are already insured or just want to save money, you can use this information to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Bakersfield is actually quite simple. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the tricks to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
Finding more affordable Bakersfield insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. All that’s required is to take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes from online providers.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. The internet makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, compare online quotes but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a GMC in Bakersfield, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your GMC at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your GMC but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in California is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability – Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Save by driving less – The higher the miles on your GMC annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated Envoy may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Responsible drivers have lower costs – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Just one driving citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received careless violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel can result in more accidents.
- Drivers with excellent credit save on auto insurance – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your GMC Envoy by improving your credit score.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does my GMC Envoy qualify for pleasure use?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Be persistent to save money
Lower-priced GMC Envoy insurance in Bakersfield is possible on the web and with local Bakersfield insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for GMC Envoy insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Pilot in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)