It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around will presumably switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who compared rates once a year saved over $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for Honda Insight insurance in Bakersfield is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way we recommend to get affordable Honda Insight insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Bakersfield. This can be done by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Bakersfield is quite easy. If you are already insured or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to use the quickest method to get comparison rates from multiple carriers.
Low Cost companies for Honda Insight insurance in California
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Rates and statistics
The table below outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Honda Insight models. Understanding how insurance prices are figured can benefit drivers when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise insurance rates considerably.
Honda Insight full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below shows the difference between Honda Insight premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Insight replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $300 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda Insight insurance in Bakersfield
Insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Honda can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Honda Insight yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly married, safety features, newly retired, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, mature driver, youthful driver, alternative fuel, homeowner, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including company car, anti-lock brakes, group or association, safe driver, multi-policy, student away at school, and safe vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, safe driver, and anti-theft.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view insurers that offer the discounts shown above in California, follow this link.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Does my Honda Insight qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my Honda Insight covered for smoke damage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Any agent in Bakersfield should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only use the same agent primarily because of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Bakersfield exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Shannon Hill
2500 New Stine Rd Ste 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 836-1136 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Eric Peters
1519 Eye St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 872-8113 – View Map
- Sal Brito – State Farm Insurance Agent
1410 Wible Rd #107 – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 398-5144 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below are Bakersfield independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Lorena Magana Insurance Agency, Inc.
4141 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (559) 783-9550 – View Map
- Hay Insurance Agency Inc.
4921 Calloway Dr # 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 829-8933 – View Map
- Baldwin Georgenton Insurance
4200 Truxtun Ave # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 327-8010 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that can insure your vehicles. But keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel your policy for any reason so don’t assume you are locked into a specific agent for a certain time period.
Which car insurance company is best in Bakersfield?
Insuring your vehicle with the best company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in California. The company rank data in the lists below may help you pick which companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on Honda Insight insurance in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is actually quite simple.
Budget-friendly insurance in Bakersfield can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)