If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest Hyundai Azera insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Bakersfield. This can be done by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Bakersfield. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Sad but true, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,400, California drivers could pocket as much as $470 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
How much does Hyundai Azera insurance in Bakersfield, California cost?
Many insurance companies give coverage price quotes online. Obtaining pricing for Hyundai Azera insurance in Bakersfield doesn’t take a lot of time as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information into the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system sends out for your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Using the web to get rates for Hyundai Azera insurance in Bakersfield helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the cheapest price.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Five discounts for lower-cost auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better prices if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Bakersfield auto insurance quote in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below shows the comparison of Hyundai Azera insurance premiums with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, driver training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife has savings for claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Travelers may include discounts for new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, multi-car, good student, student away at school, and early quote.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, drive less, anti-theft, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, and good driver.
Before buying, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Bakersfield.
Analysis of coverages
The rate information displayed below highlights different coverage prices for Hyundai Azera models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are determined is important for you to make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Azera GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$296||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,560||$130|
|Azera Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$334||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,598||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can affect rates significantly.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Azera auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no written rule to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Hyundai Azera book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Bakersfield.
After filling out this short form, your information is sent to participating agents in Bakersfield that can provide free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you contact independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below are Bakersfield independent insurance agencies who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Stockdale Insurance Agency Inc
1675 Chester Ave #310 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-3321 – View Map
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc.
2809 Unicorn Rd # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- Covermax Insurance Agency Inc.
1910 E California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 363-0645 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Bakersfield that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mike Brazzell – State Farm Insurance Agent
3721 Columbus St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 872-7770 – View Map
- Bill Thomas – State Farm Insurance Agent
8200 Stockdale Hwy Ste M3 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 397-1999 – View Map
- Abir M Pulskamp – State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Mohawk St #240 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 322-3338 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Bakersfield should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is my Hyundai Azera covered if I use it for business?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for doctor visits, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hail damage, hitting a bird and fire damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Azera.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, medical expenses, court costs and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Azera resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Azera to save money on collision insurance.
Get the best coverage at the best price
When you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Hyundai Azera insurance in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)