It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance is your intention, then having an understanding of the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Bakersfield is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Most larger insurance companies give coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Bakersfield is pretty painless as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, their system will obtain credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on these factors. Quoting online for Hyundai Entourage insurance in Bakersfield makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to do this in order to find the most affordable insurance rates.
If you want to compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you’re receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Car insurance is expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower prices.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, passive restraint, driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, alternative fuel, switch companies, pay in full, and homeowner.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, air bags, military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, company car, mature driver, paperless, multiple vehicles, and student away at school.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, good student, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau has savings for good student, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- USAA has discounts for new vehicle, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, driver training, and family discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Bakersfield. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click here to view.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is important especially in Bakersfield.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you want to use a local Bakersfield insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agents in Bakersfield are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include price quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below are Bakersfield independent insurance agents that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
These type of agents write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When selecting coverage online or from an agent, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Hyundai Entourage?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Does my Hyundai Entourage qualify for pleasure use?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Smart Consumers Can Save Money
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time.
Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Higher premiums for coverage lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
The type of vehicle you drive affects your premiums – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Multiple policies with one company can save – Lots of car insurance companies provide better rates to clients that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
Does your vocation raise your rates? – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like real estate brokers, architects, and accountants are shown to have the highest average rates because of job stress and long work days. Conversely, careers like scientists, engineers and the unemployed pay the least.
Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper insurance – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Gender impacts costs – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. They both are in accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Eliminate incidental coverages – Policies have extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Bakersfield, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Entourage has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Cheaper auto insurance in Bakersfield can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Bakersfield, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce Hyundai Entourage insurance prices online in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)