Do you want to save money by finding low-cost auto insurance rates in Bakersfield, CA? Bakersfield consumers have lots of choices when looking for affordable Buick Regal insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Buick and locate the best price possible.
It’s smart to price shop coverage yearly because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the lowest premium rates on Buick Regal insurance in Bakersfield a couple years back a different company probably has better prices today. There is lot of inaccurate information about Regal insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some tested techniques to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Bakersfield.
All the larger auto insurance companies make it easy to get prices directly from their websites. Comparing Buick Regal insurance rates online can be done by anyone as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system orders your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information.
Quoting online for Buick Regal insurance in Bakersfield makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get a lower rate.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though Bakersfield Regal insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Regal has a lienholder, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Seven factors that determine insurance costs
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The items below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Higher rates for high stress jobs – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, police officers, and financial analysts generally pay higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money – Policies have extra bells and whistles that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- What type of car do you drive? – The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Single vs. married – Having a significant other helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Big cities have higher rates – Being located in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
- Credit score impacts premium costs – Credit score factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your Buick Regal if you clean up your credit.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Buick Regal claim probability – Insurance companies use historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Buick Regal Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Buick Regal insurance in Bakersfield
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better auto insurance rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small discount on rates.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you want cheaper Bakersfield car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not be available in your area.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Buick Regal?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Bakersfield?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Bakersfield.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Types of car insurance agents
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Bakersfield agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both write car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparison shopping, you need to compare quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Bakersfield that may be able to give you price quotes.
- Fallgatter Rhodes Insurance
1701 G St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 324-2424 – View Map
- California Insurance Specialist
1601 New Stine Rd # 100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 397-3944 – View Map
- Clifford and Bradford Insurance Agency
1515 20th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 283-8100 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield who can help you get price quote information.
- Rosie Schweer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4200 Gosford Rd #103 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 396-7961 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Scott Brown
6501 Schirra Ct #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 837-4100 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Grant Fortt
2623 F St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 829-4499 – View Map
Picking a auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Bakersfield?
- Where are claims handled?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Upon receiving positive responses to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
What is the best car insurance company in California?
Picking the top car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The company ratings in the lists below could help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheap rates are available
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper car insurance in Bakersfield is available on the web in addition to many Bakersfield insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
When you buy Bakersfield car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to finding better rates for Buick Regal insurance in Bakersfield
The best way to get discount Buick Regal insurance in Bakersfield is to compare quotes once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in California.
First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Regal insurance. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)