We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey found that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Mitsubishi Raider insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing how to quote and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper Mitsubishi Raider insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Bakersfield.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides information to get affordable coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use identical coverages on each quote request and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Affordable Bakersfield insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount they offer very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Bakersfield car insurance online.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current Raider insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a slight reduction on a Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, air bags, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Travelers has savings for IntelliDrive, multi-car, new car, payment discounts, save driver, and good student.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, driver training, and bundle.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, driver training, membership and employees, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Bakersfield.
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different Bakersfield insurance companies. The best way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to jump online and get quotes. When comparison shopping, getting more free quotes will enable you to find the best price. Not every company provides Bakersfield Raider insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them, too.
The following companies offer free quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Buying from car insurance agents
Many people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing car insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Bakersfield.
Once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Bakersfield who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Bakersfield insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Bakersfield are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are independent agents in Bakersfield that can give you free car insurance quotes.
- Covermax Insurance Agency Inc.
1910 E California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 363-0645 – View Map
- Lorena Magana Insurance Agency, Inc.
4141 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (559) 783-9550 – View Map
- Paul Sheldon Insurance and Benefits Planning
5251 Office Park Dr #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 398-2298 – View Map
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield that are able to give price quote information.
- Jeremy Scheidle – State Farm Insurance Agent
2017 24th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 861-9797 – View Map
- Jim Windes – State Farm Insurance Agent
3512 Coffee Rd d – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 588-1001 – View Map
- Adam Hopkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
5500 Ming Ave #180 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 396-7947 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Cheaper car insurance premiums are possible
Discount Mitsubishi Raider insurance in Bakersfield is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Bakersfield car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
More information can be found at the links below
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)