Do you want to stop overpaying and find cheaper insurance rates in Bakersfield, CA? Bakersfield buyers have many options when searching for low-cost Toyota 86 insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for a Toyota and obtain the best price possible from Bakersfield insurance agents and online providers.
Astonishing but true, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. U.S. insurance shoppers could pocket up to $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. Our objective is to instruct you on the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop their coverage around on the web.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
- More performance means higher costs – The performance of the car you drive makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Small economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Low comp and collision deductibles mean high prices – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, flood damage, and burglary. Your deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Stay claim-free and save – Insurance companies in California provide the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Low stress vocation equals lower prices – Occupational choices like military personnel, executives, and accountants generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations like actors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Toyota 86 insurance in Bakersfield?
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota may allow you to get lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on 86 insurance in Bakersfield.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Bakersfield and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, youthful driver, multi-policy, good student, renewal discount, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, exclusive group savings, new graduate, safety features, newly retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, and good driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for student away at school, company car, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, military active duty, driver training, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, teen safe driver, drive less, multi-car, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Bakersfield. If you would like to view insurers with discount car insurance rates in California, click here to view.
Ratings for Bakersfield car insurance companies
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in California. The information in the lists below may help you choose which companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Shop smart and save
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare Toyota 86 insurance prices in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Low-cost Toyota 86 insurance in Bakersfield can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Bakersfield agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Toyota 86 insurance in Bakersfield
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Toyota 86 insurance in Bakersfield is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Bakersfield. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This provides a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Pilot in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)