Do you want to learn how to find the cheapest Ford F-150 insurance in Bakersfield? Are you tired of wondering where the money will come from to pay auto insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other drivers in California.
Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates with other companies. Bakersfield drivers could save themselves nearly 35% a year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates online.
Steps to finding discount Ford F-150 insurance in Bakersfield
The most effective way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in California. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper F-150 coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Don’t forget to place your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the absolute best rate on Ford F-150 insurance in Bakersfield.
If you are insured now or just want a better rate, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay without sacrificing coverage. Locating the best rates in Bakersfield is not rocket science. Drivers just have to understand the most efficient way to compare prices using one simple form.
Companies offering Ford F-150 insurance in California
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance statistics and figures
The data table displayed next showcases different policy rates for Ford F-150 models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance premiums are figured can help drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$228||$500||$30||$150||$1,066||$89|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,130||$94|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$158||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,130||$94|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,130||$94|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$158||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,130||$94|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$182||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,154||$96|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,176||$98|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$204||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,176||$98|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$204||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,176||$98|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$204||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,238||$103|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$228||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,326||$111|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$228||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,326||$111|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$228||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,326||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter premiums substantially.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Ford F-150 insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below shows the difference between Ford F-150 auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no specific rule that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-150 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $600 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Bakersfield with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags could see savings of more than 20%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your premiums.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford F-150 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- Farmers Insurance discounts include distant student, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, good student, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, anti-theft, driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for good student, teen driver discount, safety features, newly retired, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, and newly married.
- MetLife may have discounts that include defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Bakersfield. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount insurance rates in California, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is still important in Bakersfield.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Bakersfield that provide free Bakersfield car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Bakersfield?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
Once you have reasonable responses to your questions as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurer that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, rolling your car, backing into a parked car and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your F-150 to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in California), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, loss of income and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, falling objects and fire damage. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
We just covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Ford F-150 rate quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find low-cost rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Bakersfield
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Ford F-150 insurance in Bakersfield is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in California.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and your credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Bakersfield. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)