I can’t think of a single person who fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, in particular when they could find better prices if they shop around.
It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,387, California drivers could save an average of nearly $470 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the benefits if they bought a different policy.
Steps to finding better rates for Hyundai Elantra insurance in Bakersfield
If you want to save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to compare prices once a year from providers in California. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives more details to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Due to the large number of options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be hard to find a lower cost insurance company.
It’s smart to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the lowest rate on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Bakersfield six months ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn how to use online quotes to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Comparing rates for the best-priced auto insurance coverage in Bakersfield is not as hard as you think. Nearly each driver who buys auto insurance will more than likely find better rates. But California car owners do need to learn how companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Take policy discounts and save on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Bakersfield
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Elantra insurance premiums with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- American Family may have discounts that include defensive driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, good student, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, early bird, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, good student, and driver training.
- Travelers may include discounts for home ownership, driver training, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, good student, and save driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, federal employee, membership and employees, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. For a list of companies offering insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The best method to find competitive Hyundai Elantra insurance rates consists of shopping online.
It’s so easy to compare price quotes online that it replaces the need to actually drive to all the different insurance agencies. The ability to quote Hyundai Elantra insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. However, consumers can compare online quotes but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Not every company provides Bakersfield Elantra insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Hyundai Elantra insurance statistics and information
The coverage information below outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Hyundai Elantra models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance policy rates are established helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$208||$374||$394||$24||$118||$1,118||$93|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,374||$115|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,404||$117|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$536||$464||$28||$138||$1,404||$117|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$238||$454||$394||$24||$118||$1,228||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter premiums substantially.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Hyundai Elantra insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can increase Hyundai Elantra insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below shows the comparison of Hyundai Elantra insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rates are based on no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Hyundai Elantra claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to choosing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my Hyundai Elantra?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Bakersfield.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Bakersfield that can give you free Bakersfield car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Bakersfield for you
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Bakersfield agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Bakersfield that can give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. They are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Bakersfield that can give you price quotes.
Deciding on a insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper insurance in Bakersfield is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Bakersfield car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
How to buy cheaper Hyundai Elantra insurance in Bakersfield
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Bakersfield.
First, try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Find a Bakersfield insurance agent
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One bit of advice is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)