Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average premium in California being $1,387, drivers could cut their rates by nearly $470 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
The best way we recommend to find lower priced Saturn Astra insurance in Bakersfield is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in California. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Astra coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Make sure you store the proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Obtaining price quotes for the lowest cost policy in Bakersfield is not as difficult as people think. Practically every vehicle owner who needs more affordable insurance will more than likely find a cheaper policy. But California car owners must understand how big insurance companies set your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Affordable Saturn insurance price quotes in Bakersfield
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Club Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Astra insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- New Car Discount – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, renewal discount, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-policy, new graduate, teen driver discount, good student, new vehicle discount, safety features, and multi-car.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, multiple policy, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for student away at school, group or association, mature driver, company car, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, driver training, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
The following are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – There are quite a few additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your insurance policy. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Drive lots and pay more – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Autos that have low annual miles cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Astra may be wasting your money. Make sure your policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower premiums – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
Improve your credit rating and save – Credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Saturn Astra by improving your credit score. People that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does my Saturn Astra need full coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does my Saturn Astra qualify for pleasure use?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local Bakersfield insurance agencies and car insurance
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Bakersfield.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for a local Bakersfield insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Bakersfield can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Featured below are Bakersfield independent insurance agents that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Bakersfield willing to provide price quote information.
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Bakersfield, get answers to these questions.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Bakersfield?
- How are they compensated?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
The cheapest Saturn Astra insurance in Bakersfield can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)