Shockingly, almost 70% of insureds in California have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper Saturn Ion insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Bakersfield.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many things that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article provides more information to help reduce premium rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Bakersfield insurance agent
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the most affordable policy in Bakersfield is not that difficult. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, use these money-saving tips to save money while maximizing coverage. Drivers just have to use the most efficient way to find the lowest price from many companies at once.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ion has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Saturn at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your Saturn but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates every year to save money.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Saturn Ion Insurance Premiums
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors that factor into your rate level.
Cut auto insurance rates and deter theft – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Bad credit will cost you – An insured’s credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Saturn Ion if you clean up your credit. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Tickets drive up costs – Even a single moving violation may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have flagrant violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Cheaper rates after marriage – Having a significant other helps lower the price when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Ratings for California car insurance companies
Picking the top car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Bakersfield. The information shown below could help you select which auto insurance companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
More effort can pay off
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Bakersfield can be found online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)