Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Bakersfield drivers could cut their rates by approximately 35% a year, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates online.
The preferred way to get the cheapest Chevy Bolt insurance is to compare prices annually from providers that sell auto insurance in Bakersfield.
First, try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Bakersfield. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Early Switch Discount – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching policies early. You could save around 10% when you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since newer vehicles have better safety ratings.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of companies that offer discounts in California, click here to view.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps you find a better price. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Can’t I compare rates from local Bakersfield car insurance agents?
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Bakersfield.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find local Bakersfield agents, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents in Bakersfield are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following are Bakersfield independent agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Bakersfield who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind it’s your policy and you can terminate coverage any time you want so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with any specific company with no way to switch.
One last note
Budget-conscious Chevy Bolt insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in Bakersfield, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to shop for Chevy Bolt insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. These companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)