Searching for cheaper Bakersfield Honda Accord Crosstour insurance quotes on the internet is somewhat difficult for drivers new to comparison shopping on the internet. With such a large number of insurance companies available, how can Bakersfield drivers have a chance to compare them all to find the lowest price available?
Unfortunately, a large majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Bakersfield insurance shoppers could save about 35% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Our objective is to familiarize you with how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings Although California car owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get prices for coverage online. This process is very simple as you just enter your required coverages into a form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system will order your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to do this in order to get cheap prices.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Bakersfield?
Companies offering auto insurance do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Older drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Accord Crosstour can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Bakersfield Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Bakersfield car insurance quote compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when getting a Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount should help lower your overall bill.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Bakersfield. If you would like to view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click here.
Insurance coverage details
The table shown below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Honda Accord Crosstour models. Being more informed about how insurance prices are formulated is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord Crosstour EX 2WD||$182||$372||$624||$36||$186||$1,400||$117|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 2WD||$182||$372||$624||$36||$186||$1,400||$117|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L 4WD||$204||$440||$624||$36||$186||$1,490||$124|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 2WD||$204||$440||$624||$36||$186||$1,490||$124|
|Accord Crosstour EX-L Navigation 4WD||$204||$440||$624||$36||$186||$1,490||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
The information below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Honda Accord Crosstour yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Reckless driving habits raise Bakersfield auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can increase Honda Accord Crosstour auto insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based auto insurance rates by age
The illustration below compares Honda Accord Crosstour car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Bakersfield
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Honda Accord Crosstour car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula for dropping full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Accord Crosstour book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Comparing quotes from local Bakersfield insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Bakersfield.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Bakersfield who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you will want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Bakersfield that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- California Insurance Specialist
1601 New Stine Rd # 100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 397-3944 – View Map
- William K Lyons Agency Inc
2100 F St # 200 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-9731 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Pacific Insurance And Financial Services
3100 19th St #250 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 873-4780 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Bakersfield that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Ruth Escobar
400 Chester Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 631-2420 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Brian Parks
1612 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 859-1000 – View Map
- Dennis Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
1811 Oak St Ste 155 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-6990 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Bakersfield, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves your Honda and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to save money.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and fire damage. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Accord Crosstour caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Accord Crosstour to get cheaper collision coverage.
This can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Honda Accord Crosstour.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like doctor visits, chiropractic care, hospital visits, surgery and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
California auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing the highest-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The ranking data in the lists below can help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Honda Accord Crosstour rate quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When you buy Bakersfield car insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to buy affordable Honda Accord Crosstour insurance in Bakersfield
The best way we recommend to get cheaper car insurance rates in Bakersfield is to regularly compare price quotes from providers who provide car insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Bakersfield. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional information is located below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)