Really, the only way to find affordable Honda Accord Hybrid insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Bakersfield. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important part of this process is to try to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Unbelievable but true, about 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Most drivers in America can save approximately $860 each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t want to compare rates and save money.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save money using the techniques covered below. Locating the best insurance company for you in Bakersfield seems hard but is not really that difficult. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how big insurance companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
Affordable Honda insurance prices in Bakersfield
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in California. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance carriers have lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current Accord Hybrid insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates in Bakersfield.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders these benefits are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Bakersfield.
Get Honda Accord Hybrid Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Bad credit hurts insurance costs – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Honda Accord Hybrid if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Urban areas may pay more – Being located in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Lower population means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles saves money – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- High performance equals high premiums – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Low performance passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Marriage reduces risk – Walking down the aisle actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Loss statistics for a Honda Accord Hybrid – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Accord Hybrid Vehicles Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much car insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
When do I need to contact a local insurance agent?
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Bakersfield.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Bakersfield that provide free Bakersfield car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Bakersfield insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Bakersfield agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can write business through many companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get several quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Bakersfield that may be able to give price quotes.
Fox, James H – James H Fox Insurance
42 Bernard St – Bakersfield, CA 93305 – (661) 322-2023 – View Map
Omega Financial and Insurance Services Inc
400 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 326-6870 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance – Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
3795 Niles St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield that can give you comparison quotes.
Kathy Herm – State Farm Insurance Agent
93314, 6515 Panama Ln #104 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 832-1020 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Ana M. Arreola
6649 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 633-2633 – View Map
Dawn Fore – State Farm Insurance Agent
4801 Truxtun Ave #200 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 324-2300 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- How long has the business existed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
If you receive good feedback to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to reduce Honda Accord Hybrid insurance rates online in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a small local company.
Affordable Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Bakersfield can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)