Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who compare other rates will most likely buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved as much as $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Kia Stinger insurance is why you’re reading this, then having an understanding of how to compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find better pricing on Kia Stinger insurance is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Bakersfield.
- Step 1: Read about how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Best companies for Kia Stinger insurance
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Earn discounts on Bakersfield auto insurance
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Stinger insurance in Bakersfield.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers discounts include save driver, new car, good student, payment discounts, home ownership, continuous insurance, and early quote.
- Nationwide has savings for Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, accident-free, easy pay, good student, family plan, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for youthful driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, good student, business and professional, multi-car, and homeowner.
- Esurance may include discounts for renters, Switch & Save, paid-in-full, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, multi-car, professional/association, ease of repair, good student, annual mileage, and type of vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click here.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is my Kia Stinger covered for smoke damage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does their agency support local causes in Bakersfield?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
Listed below are Bakersfield insurers that can give you comparison quotes for Kia Stinger insurance in Bakersfield.
Once you have received good answers to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to a company that is professional and can service your policy. It’s important to know that you have the power to cancel a policy at any time so never feel that you’re stuck with a policy for the entire policy term.
Quote more and you will save more
Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Bakersfield can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Bakersfield agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
As you quote Bakersfield auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teachers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)