The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more information to help keep prices low and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Bakersfield. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once received, put the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price will probably move their business because they have good chances of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around saved about $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance is your objective, then learning about how to shop for coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The easiest way to compare policy rates for Acura RLX insurance in Bakersfield is to know the trick almost all companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether you are single or married, whether or not you need a SR-22, and your credit rating estimate. Your rating data is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes quickly.
To find lower affordable Acura RLX insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Bakersfield.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Bakersfield, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Acura RLX, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Acura for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheaper rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better car insurance rates.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good student, good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Esurance offers discounts including emergency road assistance, Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, good student, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, good student, easy pay, and accident-free.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Bakersfield. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer free Acura RLX insurance quotes in California, click here.
Getting quotes from local Bakersfield car insurance agents
Some people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to insurance agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Bakersfield?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
When researching a local Bakersfield insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Bakersfield exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Brian Parks
1612 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 859-1000 – View Map
- Mike Boyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
9720 Brimhall Rd Ste 200 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 588-1140 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ana M. Arreola
6649 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 633-2633 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below are Bakersfield independent agents willing to provide price quotes.
- William K Lyons Agency Inc
2100 F St # 200 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-9731 – View Map
- Miroslava Hernandez Insurance Agency
6433 E Brundage Ln # 2 – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 326-7200 – View Map
- California Insurance Specialist
1601 New Stine Rd # 100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 397-3944 – View Map
It’s not one size fits all
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What is GAP insurance?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, high prices or high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
We covered many ways to save on Acura RLX insurance in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
When you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)