It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Bakersfield. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who get price quotes annually are very likely to switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around annually saved over $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for Nissan 350Z insurance in Bakersfield is your ultimate objective, then having a good understanding how to find and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in California
The companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Nissan 350Z Insurance Premiums?
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Higher rates for specific jobs – Occupations such as judges, police officers, and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Bad credit will cost you – An insured’s credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. People that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan 350Z by improving your credit score.
- Age of drivers impacts prices – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Insurance costs and vehicle performance – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Nissan 350Z insurance discounts in Bakersfield
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current 350Z insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, new vehicle, driver training, loyalty savings, good student, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- American Family includes discounts for good student, Steer into Savings, accident-free, early bird, mySafetyValet, and defensive driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include paid-in-full, online quote, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and renters.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, alternative fuel, early shopping, youthful driver, and switch companies.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, student away at school, good student, driver’s education, passive restraint, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your state. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in California, click here.
Compare prices but still have a local neighborhood Bakersfield car insurance agent
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Bakersfield.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Bakersfield that can give you free Bakersfield car insurance quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Bakersfield for you
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Bakersfield can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to compare prices from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Bakersfield who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
California Insurance Specialist
1601 New Stine Rd # 100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 397-3944 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Bakersfield willing to provide rate quotes.
Jim Windes – State Farm Insurance Agent
3512 Coffee Rd d – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 588-1001 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Bakersfield?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Ratings for California auto insurance companies
Selecting the highest-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in California. The company ratings shown next could help you decide which auto insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
|A.M Best Rating
|AAA of Southern California
|Compare Rates Now Go
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is pet coverage available?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-conscious Nissan 350Z insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood Bakersfield agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, high prices or even policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 50 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Uber Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)