Scraping up a payment for high-priced Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Bakersfield can sap your accounts, especially in this economy.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers in California kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in the United States could pocket up to 47% a year just by shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance rates. Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to find the lowest cost out there.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Locating the best rates in Bakersfield can be much easier if you know how to start. Drivers just need to know the fastest way to compare prices from many companies at once.
Bakersfield insurance discounts for a Ford C-Max Energi
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Bakersfield and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small discount on rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower premium rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, federal employee, multi-policy, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good student, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for age of vehicle, professional/association, accident-free, type of vehicle, and multi-car.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including homeowners, student driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, driver training, and defensive driver.
- Allstate includes discounts for safe driver, good payer, passive restraint, auto/life discount, EZ pay plan discount, and defensive driver.
Check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Bakersfield. To see a list of insurance companies who offer free Ford C-Max Energi insurance quotes in Bakersfield, follow this link.
All the larger auto insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. Getting Ford C-Max Energi insurance prices online can be done by anyone as you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system will order reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Getting online rates for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Bakersfield makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the most affordable premium possible.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverages just like they are on your policy. This ensures you’re receiving rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Can’t I compare rates from local Bakersfield insurance agents?
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to companies in Bakersfield who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Bakersfield?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you want a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Bakersfield can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Bakersfield who can help you get rate quotes.
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to check rates from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Bakersfield that are able to give price quote information.
Best car insurance in Bakersfield
Selecting a highly-rated car insurance company can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Bakersfield. The ranking information below can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for things like surgery, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, nursing services and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your C-Max Energi resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, rolling your car, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your C-Max Energi to bring the cost down.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers things like legal defense fees, medical services and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford C-Max Energi.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cost effective Ford C-Max Energi insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Bakersfield, so get free Bakersfield car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
We’ve covered many ways to find cheaper Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Bakersfield
The easiest way to save money on auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to annually compare prices from providers who sell insurance in California. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Read about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and your credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)