How long has it been since you compared the cheapest car insurance rates in Bakersfield, CA? Bakersfield buyers have options when searching for the best price on Jeep Liberty insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages on a Jeep and get the lowest price.
Compare Bakersfield Jeep Liberty insurance price quotes
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower-cost Jeep Liberty insurance in Bakersfield
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Paper-free Discount – A few car insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out life insurance.
- Good Student – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Liberty insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO may offer discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-theft, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- 21st Century may include discounts for driver training, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, automatic seat belts, air bags, and theft prevention.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good driver, multi-vehicle, early bird, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and air bag.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in every state. If you would like to view car insurance companies with the best Jeep Liberty insurance discounts in Bakersfield, click here.
Premium rates and analysis
The table shown below showcases a range of coverage costs for Jeep Liberty models. Learning as much as possible about how premiums are determined can help customers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$204||$366||$596||$36||$178||$1,380||$115|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$234||$366||$596||$36||$178||$1,410||$118|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$234||$366||$596||$36||$178||$1,410||$118|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$234||$366||$596||$36||$178||$1,410||$118|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$234||$446||$596||$36||$178||$1,490||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Bakersfield which can revise price quotes greatly.
Insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions influence Jeep Liberty premium costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Liberty auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Liberty replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Buy Jeep Liberty Insurance Cheaper
Lots of factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Never let your coverage expire – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
- Safety first – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Deter vehicle theft – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Filing insurance claims can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in California give better rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
- High credit scores save money – Having a good credit history is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Jeep Liberty by repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than those with worse credit.