Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers in California kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. American drivers could cut their rates by almost $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get affordable Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Bakersfield.
- First, get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives additional ideas to keep prices down and earn larger discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Quoting and comparing affordable protection in Bakersfield is not as hard as you may think. If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to lower your rates while maximizing coverage. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the best way to compare prices online.
Quote Bakersfield Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance online
Reducing your Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is spend a few minutes comparing free Bakersfield car insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Bakersfield car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Bakersfield with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens could receive a small decrease in premiums.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Some of the larger companies that may have most of these discounts include:
If you need low cost Bakersfield car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click here to view.
Seven factors that impact insurance prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help calculate insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many different elements are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Married people drive safer – Having a significant other may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Lower rates by increasing deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Mitsubishi from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the better rate you will receive.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If the Mitsubishi i-MiEV is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Stay claim-free and reduce rates – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in California provide cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Even a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple citations like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Never let your coverage lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Which gender costs less? – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Men and women are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Local Bakersfield insurance agents
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important especially in Bakersfield.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Bakersfield that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Types of car insurance agents
If you want a local Bakersfield insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Auto insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent agents in Bakersfield who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Paul Sheldon Insurance and Benefits Planning
5251 Office Park Dr #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 398-2298 – View Map
- Covermax Insurance Agency Inc.
1910 E California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 363-0645 – View Map
- Tony Camarena Insurance Agency
324 Oak St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 322-3500 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Bakersfield exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- James Banks – State Farm Insurance Agent
1525 Columbus St #400 – Bakersfield, CA 93305 – (661) 872-5140 – View Map
- Saif Ahmad – State Farm Insurance Agent
4025 Stockdale Hwy – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 831-1200 – View Map
- Jeremy Scheidle – State Farm Insurance Agent
2017 24th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 861-9797 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you receive positive feedback and a low price estimate, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just remember you can terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any particular company for the entire policy term.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
You can find cheap coverage
You just learned a lot of techniques to reduce Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance prices online in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Bakersfield car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
When you buy Bakersfield car insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Bakersfield is attainable on the web and with local Bakersfield insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be read on the following sites:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)