The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Bakersfield.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help reduce prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. View rates
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
The most important part of this process is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Amazingly, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in America could save roughly $860 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Most major insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting Volvo S90 insurance prices online is fairly simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Volvo S90 insurance in Bakersfield makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find a better rate.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will receive a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though Bakersfield S90 insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Volvo S90 with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Volvo S90 and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Discount Bakersfield car insurance rates
Some companies do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Distant Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Bakersfield and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Bakersfield car insurance quote. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- American Family may have discounts that include Steer into Savings, accident-free, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, student driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Bakersfield car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your state. To choose providers with discount car insurance rates in California, click here.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance quotes from local Bakersfield insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Which family members are covered?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Bakersfield?
- How often do they review coverages?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Bakersfield that may be willing to give price quote information for Volvo S90 insurance in Bakersfield.
- Farmers Insurance: Grant Fortt
2623 F St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 829-4499 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance – Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
3795 Niles St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- Mike Boyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
9720 Brimhall Rd Ste 200 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 588-1140 – View Map
- James Stuart – State Farm Insurance Agent
5125 Ming Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 831-6266 – View Map
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability – This will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as attorney fees, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses such as X-ray expenses, pain medications, chiropractic care, nursing services and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Volvo S90.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your S90 from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your S90 to save money on collision insurance.
Persistence pays off
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered many ideas to save on Volvo S90 insurance in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Volvo S90 rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)