We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare other prices are very likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared price quotes saved $850 each year compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding discount rates on Jaguar X-Type insurance is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of how to compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost Jaguar X-Type insurance in Bakersfield is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in California.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better insurance rates.
The following are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that can add up when buying insurance. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
Why do you need liability? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Annual mileage impacts rates – The higher the mileage driven annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your insurance policy reflects the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your X-Type is just wasting money.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger insurance companies will award lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare Jaguar X-Type rates in Bakersfield to help guarantee you have the best rates.
An active policy claims history can cost you more – Auto insurance companies in California generally give discounts to insureds who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Bakersfield auto insurance quote.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Bakersfield auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Bakersfield auto insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Bakersfield. For a list of auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Bakersfield, follow this link.
Which auto insurance company is best in Bakersfield?
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Bakersfield. The company rank data below can help you decide which companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Find cheap rates by comparing often
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on Jaguar X-Type insurance in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is actually quite simple.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Civic in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for 16 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)