Are you tired of overpaying and want cheaper insurance rates in Bakersfield, CA? Bakersfield shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Kia Spectra insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates for a new or used Kia and find the lowest possible price either online or from Bakersfield insurance agents.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the lowest quotes on Kia Spectra insurance in Bakersfield at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Spectra insurance online but I’m going to show you some great ways to lower your insurance bill.
Our goal is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. Consumers just have to understand the least time-consuming way to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before being credited.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Kia Spectra insurance rates in Bakersfield.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Spectra insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will lower the cost of coverage.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, student away at school, good student, driver’s education, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, seat belt use, driver training, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for teen driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, air bags, homeowners, and defensive driver.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, good student, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, and bundle.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Bakersfield.
California car insurance companies
Ending up with the right car insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in California. The rank data shown below could help you choose which coverage providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Smart Consumers Save on Insurance
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Add-on coverages may be wasting money – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying car insurance. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Annual miles is a factor – The more you drive each year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Spectra may be costing you. Double check that your car insurance policy states annual mileage.
- Prevent theft and reduce premiums – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
- Combine policies with the same company – Lots of car insurance companies give discounts to buyers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Teenagers are high risk – Beginning drivers in California have a tendency to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a inexperienced driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.