It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest Lexus IS 250 insurance in Bakersfield is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like traffic violations and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on IS 250 insurance. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important note is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Unthinkable but true, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. California drivers could cut their rates by roughly 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Lexus IS 250 insurance in Bakersfield
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer very clearly, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Bakersfield auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total IS 250 insurance premium.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The example below shows the difference between Lexus IS 250 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers has savings for good student, multi-car, multi-policy, home ownership, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for good student, anti-theft, business or organization, defensive driving, family plan, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, pay in full, early shopping, business and professional, mature driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including paid-in-full, multi-policy, Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, and safety device.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for accident-free, location of vehicle, good driver, multi-car, professional/association, and ease of repair.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Bakersfield. To find companies that offer some of these discounts in Bakersfield, click here.
How much does Lexus IS 250 insurance in Bakersfield, CA cost?
Finding more affordable Lexus IS 250 car insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The coverage table shown below highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Lexus IS 250 models. Having a good understanding how insurance premiums are calculated can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$334||$792||$360||$22||$108||$1,616||$135|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$372||$792||$360||$22||$108||$1,654||$138|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$372||$792||$424||$26||$126||$1,740||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Bakersfield location which can influence price quotes significantly.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accidents raise Lexus IS 250 premium costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Bakersfield
The example below shows the difference between Lexus IS 250 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Lexus IS 250?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Buying insurance from Bakersfield auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Bakersfield, get answers to these questions.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Which family members are covered?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Compare rates regularly to save
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just showed you some good ideas how to compare Lexus IS 250 insurance premium rates in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Bakersfield auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much is Bakersfield Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)