Unbelievable but true, most auto insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in California could save 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes online.
If you want to save money, the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Bakersfield. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for more ideas to get low prices and get bigger discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper LFA coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
All major car insurance companies give price estimates online. Getting quotes for Lexus LFA insurance in Bakersfield is quite easy because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote.
Being able to quote online for Lexus LFA insurance in Bakersfield simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for a better rate.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you enter coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This way, you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Bakersfield, CA. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Lower rate quotes on Lexus LFA insurance in Bakersfield with these discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small discount on rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current LFA insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some companies that may include most of the discounts above are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Bakersfield.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices. Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Teen drivers in California have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Residing in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when buying insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Drivers who live in large California cities have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Policy claims cost money – If you are a frequent claim filer, don’t be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in California give most affordable rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Does your vocation cost you more? – Jobs such as judges, architects, and accountants have higher average rates due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as professors, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- High performance equals high premiums – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger models, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Low comp and collision deductibles can be expensive – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Insurance agencies near you
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Bakersfield will have answers to these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Upon receiving good responses to any questions you have as well as cheap LFA insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an provider that meets the criteria to properly service your insurance policy.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What are good deductibles for a Lexus LFA?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare rates regularly to save
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare Lexus LFA insurance rates in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)