If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest Mazda CX-5 insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Bakersfield. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for the details to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Inconceivable but true, most insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in California can cut their rates by about $500 a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Buying the right Mazda vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mazda CX-5 in Bakersfield, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mazda with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Mazda CX-5. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Bakersfield
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining your premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
Obey driving laws and save – Having just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Where do you drive? – The higher the miles on your Mazda each year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated CX-5 can cost quite a bit. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects annual mileage.
You might have higher prices if you are single – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Deter theft and reduce auto insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
Add-on coverages that aren’t used – There are many optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your CX-5 policy. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
Performance affects insurance prices – The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a significant difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for the lowest performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Insurance losses for a Mazda CX-5 – Car insurance companies use statistical claims data when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda CX-5 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better car insurance rates.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current CX-5 insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Bakersfield auto insurance quote.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. But any discount will lower the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that have most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
If you are trying to find affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Bakersfield. If you would like to view providers with discount rates in Bakersfield, click here to view.
When to talk to an insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How many companies do they write for?
- How are they compensated?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How long has the business existed?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When finding an insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Bakersfield can either be independent or exclusive. Either type can do a good job, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Bakersfield who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Shannon Hill
2500 New Stine Rd Ste 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 836-1136 – View Map
- Keith Stonebraker – State Farm Insurance Agent
4600 Ashe Rd #308 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 664-9663 – View Map
- Jim Windes – State Farm Insurance Agent
3512 Coffee Rd d – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 588-1001 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, you need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Bakersfield willing to provide price quote information.
- Paul Sheldon Insurance and Benefits Planning
5251 Office Park Dr #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 398-2298 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
201 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- Clifford and Bradford Insurance Agency
1515 20th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 283-8100 – View Map
Once you have good answers to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that meets your needs to service your policy. But keep in mind you have the power to cancel your policy for any reason so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to any particular company with no way out.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, high prices or even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
When you buy Bakersfield auto insurance online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance in Bakersfield can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Bakersfield, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)