If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from companies in Bakersfield. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and a low credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Bakersfield. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who rate shop once a year will most likely buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that drivers who compared prices regularly saved on average $72 a month compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Mazda CX-9 insurance in Bakersfield is the reason for your visit, then learning a little about the best way to quote and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Getting low cost auto insurance pricing is actually easier than you may think. Just take the time comparing rate quotes from online providers.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage table displayed below highlights different coverage costs for Mazda CX-9 models. Having a better idea how car insurance premiums are determined can help drivers make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-9 Sport 2WD||$370||$650||$574||$34||$172||$1,800||$150|
|CX-9 Grand Touring 2WD||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|CX-9 Sport AWD||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|CX-9 Touring 2WD||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|CX-9 Touring AWD||$370||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,916||$160|
|CX-9 Grand Touring AWD||$412||$766||$574||$34||$172||$1,958||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise prices significantly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can influence Mazda CX-9 premium costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Mazda CX-9 premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The diagram below compares Mazda CX-9 insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Mazda CX-9 replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing you more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mazda CX-9 in Bakersfield, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Bakersfield Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates. Many factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like where you live or your commute time.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
Lower rates for safer cars – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Mazda has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Use one insurance company and save – Some companies will award better rates for people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
Age of drivers impacts prices – Older people are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices are for low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below assumes a married male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Mazda CX-9 car insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
Remove unneeded extra coverages – There are many additional coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
Avoid tickets and save – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Even one citation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can influence Mazda CX-9 insurance prices for different age categories. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Loss probability for a Mazda CX-9 – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Mazda CX-9 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-9 4dr 2WD||87||108||74||87||95||89|
|Mazda CX-9 4dr 4WD||89||109||92||80||76||77|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few need to be asked about before being credited. If you do not double check each discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used CX-9 can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Bakersfield auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you low cost Mazda CX-9 insurance.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Bakersfield auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The example below compares Mazda CX-9 insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered in Bakersfield.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Bakersfield.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Bakersfield who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are they full-time agents?
More effort can pay off
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Mazda CX-9 insurance in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Bakersfield auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests or even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
When getting Bakersfield auto insurance quotes online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)