Did you come to the realization that you have an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably move their business because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is why you’re here, then learning about how to quote and compare coverage rates can save time, money, and frustration. Due to the abundance of insurance providers from which to choose, it can be hard to locate a more affordable insurance company.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage periodically because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Nissan Versa insurance in Bakersfield a few years ago there may be better deals available now. There are a lot of ways to save on Versa insurance online, but you can learn a bunch of ideas how to buy insurance cheaper in Bakersfield.
Compare Bakersfield Nissan Versa insurance quotes online
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Nissan Versa insurance charts and tables
The data table below showcases detailed analysis of coverage costs for Nissan Versa models. Having insight into how insurance premiums are formulated is important for you to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$246||$464||$450||$26||$134||$1,320||$110|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$288||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,562||$130|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$288||$664||$450||$26||$134||$1,562||$130|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$332||$764||$450||$26||$134||$1,706||$142|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$332||$764||$450||$26||$134||$1,706||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect insurance rates greatly.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can increase or decrease Nissan Versa insurance prices for different age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based insurance rates in Bakersfield
The example below illustrates the comparison of Nissan Versa premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Bakersfield, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to save money.
How Insurance Providers Determine Nissan Versa Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Compare rates if you combine your policies – Many companies give discounts to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save money by buying insurance from more than one company.
Five star crash test rating saves money – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Nissan scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Better drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Even a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can increase Nissan Versa annual premium costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Lower premiums with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Verify your insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle. A policy that improperly rates your Versa can result in significantly higher rates.
Nissan Versa claim probability – Insurance companies study historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that the statistics show to have increased losses will have higher premium rates. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Versa vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Versa Note||112||96||85||161||171||133|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Nissan Versa insurance premium rates online in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
While you’re price shopping online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Bakersfield is available online and with local Bakersfield insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Steps to finding better rates for Nissan Versa insurance in Bakersfield
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Nissan Versa insurance in Bakersfield is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in California. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Versa coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you can save money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional insurance information can be read at these links:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)