It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are highly likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $70 a month compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on insurance is your ultimate goal, then knowing the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The best way to get cheaper Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Bakersfield is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once received, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you should be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Bakersfield can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. But California car owners must understand how big insurance companies sell insurance online because rates fluctuate considerably.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Bakersfield takes advantage of the fact almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data like driver ages, your credit rating estimate, if it has an anti-theft system, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. The data gets sent immediately to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance rates, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Oldsmobile Silhouette, most lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Oldsmobile at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Oldsmobile Silhouette but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Silhouette more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Save a ton on Oldsmobile Silhouette insurance in Bakersfield with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to monitor their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Bakersfield car insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Silhouette insurance premium.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for low natural disaster claims, good driver, multi-car, good student, location of vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for business or organization, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good driver.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.