Want a free price quotes on the cheapest Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Bakersfield? Are you sick and tired of not being able to scrape enough together each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other California consumers.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who compare other rates will most likely switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that people who compared rates once a year saved as much as $860 a year compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Bakersfield is your intention, then understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
Many car insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest price on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Bakersfield.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the following tips. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Bakersfield is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners benefit from understanding how companies market insurance on the web and use it to find better rates.
The majority of larger companies like Allstate and Progressive give pricing on their websites. Comparing prices online for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Bakersfield is very simple because you just enter your coverage preferences on the page. After you complete the form, their system collects your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the best insurance rates.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Bakersfield with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Bakersfield may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims before the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for mature driver, pay in full, early shopping, good student, distant student, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, federal employee, driver training, good student, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- Esurance includes discounts for good student, multi-car, online quote, anti-theft, and paid-in-full.
- SAFECO may include discounts for drive less, safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see a list of providers with the best discounts in Bakersfield, click this link.
Local insurance agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an insurer that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just understand that policyholders can terminate coverage at any point so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with any particular company for the full term.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always remember that when buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my Pontiac Grand Prix qualify for pleasure use?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Pontiac Grand Prix is totaled?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- What is PIP insurance?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Your stress level may be raising your prices – Occupations such as lawyers, executives, and dentists have higher rates than average because of intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Insurance rates for married couples – Having a significant other actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
More performance means more cost – The type of car you are insuring makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates will generally be found on lower cost passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Safety first – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
Poor credit can mean higher rates – A driver’s credit score factor in determining premium rates. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your Pontiac Grand Prix by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings.
Why you need insurance for your Pontiac vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Bakersfield, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Pontiac Grand Prix has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Pontiac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your Pontiac but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Persistent drivers can save
In this article, we covered many tips how you can save on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Bakersfield. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Bakersfield auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Bakersfield is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Bakersfield, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
How to find affordable quotes for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Bakersfield
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find discount Pontiac Grand Prix insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in Bakersfield.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One bit of advice is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More information can be found at the links below
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)