Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare other prices are inclined to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A survey found that consumers who compared prices regularly saved approximately $72 a month compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding discount rates on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Bakersfield is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best ways to find and compare car insurance can make shopping around easier.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get low-cost Pontiac Solstice insurance in Bakersfield is to regularly compare prices from companies that insure vehicles in California.
- Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Solstice coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Bakersfield is actually quite simple. If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can use this information to save money while maximizing coverage. Comparison shoppers just have to learn the fastest way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What is PIP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
You may need advice from an insurance agency
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can provide free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Two types of car insurance agents
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can select. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are Bakersfield exclusive agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Bakersfield independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Pacific Insurance And Financial Services
3100 19th St #250 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 873-4780 – View Map
What is the best car insurance company in Bakersfield?
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Bakersfield. The company ratings shown next may help you select which insurers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies