Have you had enough of being strong-armed to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as many other California drivers.
It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will probably move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A study showed that people who compared rates annually saved over $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is your goal, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage. Because you have many insurance companies to choose from that have cheap insurance for a Saab 9-3 in Bakersfield, it can be impossible to pick a more affordable insurer.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current 9-3 insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- E-sign – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Bakersfield auto insurance online.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below shows the comparison of Saab 9-3 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are:
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including theft prevention, good student, 55 and older, air bags, early bird, teen driver, and driver training.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, good driver, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, good student, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- Esurance may offer discounts for emergency road assistance, anti-theft, paid-in-full, good student, renters, online quote, and safety device.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include air bag, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find low cost Bakersfield auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Bakersfield. To see insurance companies who offer online Saab 9-3 insurance quotes in California, click here.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area utilizes the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including whether or not you need a SR-22, how many miles driven, an estimate of your credit level, and driver ages. Your information gets sent immediately to many different companies and you will receive price estimates instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Saab 9-3 now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Insurance statistics for a Saab 9-3
The information displayed below outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Saab 9-3 models. Understanding more about how insurance premiums are formulated can benefit drivers when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$428||$834||$508||$30||$152||$1,952||$163|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$428||$834||$508||$30||$152||$1,952||$163|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$428||$834||$508||$30||$152||$1,952||$163|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$960||$508||$30||$152||$2,126||$177|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$476||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,246||$187|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$476||$960||$508||$30||$152||$2,126||$177|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$476||$960||$508||$30||$152||$2,126||$177|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$476||$960||$508||$30||$152||$2,126||$177|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$526||$1086||$596||$36||$178||$2,422||$202|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Saab 9-3 annual premium costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Learn How to Get Auto Insurance for Less
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Saab. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, vandalism, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Your gender affects premiums – The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes get in accidents at a similar rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The illustration below compares Saab 9-3 insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Lots of insurance companies allow discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Getting married can save on auto insurance – Getting married helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Your car’s features help determine premiums – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft.
- How credit history affects auto insurance costs – Your credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Saab 9-3 by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
Bad driving leads to higher costs – Being a careful driver impacts premiums far more than you think. Having a single citation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have received severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can drive up Saab 9-3 yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
A lot of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is important especially in Bakersfield.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Bakersfield that can give you free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from local Bakersfield agents, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Bakersfield that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Pacific Insurance And Financial Services
3100 19th St #250 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 873-4780 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
The following are exclusive agents in Bakersfield willing to provide price quote information.
Jim Windes – State Farm Insurance Agent
3512 Coffee Rd d – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 588-1001 – View Map
Jeremy Scheidle – State Farm Insurance Agent
2017 24th St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 861-9797 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If they are an independent agency in Bakersfield, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
After you get positive feedback to all your questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saab 9-3 in Bakersfield, insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Saab, most banks will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Saab at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Saab 9-3 but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Saab as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Be persistent to save money
Cheap Saab 9-3 insurance in Bakersfield is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Bakersfield insurance agents, so get free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just read many tips how you can compare Saab 9-3 insurance prices in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Saab 9-3 insurance in Bakersfield
It takes a little time, but the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Bakersfield. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Bakersfield Auto Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)