Have you had enough of wondering where the money will come from to pay auto insurance each month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other people.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will presumably move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey found that consumers who shopped around saved approximately $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Bakersfield is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about the best ways to find and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
Many car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company and uncover the absolute cheapest price on Buick Rendezvous insurance in Bakersfield.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage at least once a year because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best quotes on Buick Rendezvous insurance in Bakersfield a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Save a ton by taking advantage of these nine discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Paper-free Discount – Many car insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Companies that may have these benefits include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in Bakersfield. To find insurers who offer cheap Buick Rendezvous insurance quotes in Bakersfield, click here to view.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand almost all companies participate in a system to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information such as whether or not you need a SR-22, level of coverage desired, types of safety features, and if the vehicle is leased. That rating data is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is my Buick Rendezvous covered for smoke damage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Buick Rendezvous?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- When can I cancel my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local agents and auto insurance
Many people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to companies in Bakersfield who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to drive around because prices are sent immediately to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Bakersfield can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Bakersfield who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Bakersfield independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
If you get answers to your satisfaction to your questions and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick Rendezvous has a lienholder, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick for a lot more money and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Buick. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so compare rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance coverage options for a Buick Rendezvous
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, bail bonds, attorney fees, medical expenses and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like surgery, prosthetic devices, dental work, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your Rendezvous in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Buick Rendezvous.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like rock chips in glass, theft, hitting a deer, falling objects and fire damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents. Cheaper Buick Rendezvous insurance in Bakersfield is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
When searching for the cheapest Buick Rendezvous rate quotes, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to buying affordable Buick Rendezvous insurance in Bakersfield
The best way we recommend to find cheaper Buick Rendezvous insurance in Bakersfield is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in California. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, read about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Rendezvous coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Much more information about insurance in California is located at these links:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)