We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding discount prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $860 a year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for Chevy Silverado insurance in Bakersfield is your goal, learning the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
To save the most money, the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Bakersfield. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you’re already insured or just want to save money, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Bakersfield is not that difficult. Drivers just need to learn the most effective way to quote multiple rates from many different companies.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Extra coverages that may not be needed – Policies have additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Limits of liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage when you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Allowing your coverage to lapse raises rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Insurance loss data for a Chevy Silverado – Insurers use statistical claims data when setting premium costs. Models that have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Silverado vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Chevy Silverado detailed coverage information
The rate information below highlights estimates of coverage prices for Chevy Silverado models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are established can help you make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$158||$292||$564||$34||$168||$1,216||$101|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$158||$292||$500||$30||$150||$1,130||$94|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$182||$354||$564||$34||$168||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$182||$354||$564||$34||$168||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$182||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,216||$101|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$182||$354||$500||$30||$150||$1,216||$101|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$182||$354||$564||$34||$168||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$182||$354||$564||$34||$168||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$418||$564||$34||$168||$1,388||$116|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$418||$564||$34||$168||$1,388||$116|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$204||$418||$564||$34||$168||$1,388||$116|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$204||$418||$564||$34||$168||$1,388||$116|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$418||$500||$30||$150||$1,302||$109|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$204||$482||$500||$30||$150||$1,366||$114|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$228||$482||$500||$30||$150||$1,390||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can change prices noticeably.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Chevy Silverado insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Bakersfield
The information below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Chevy Silverado insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Bakersfield
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Car insurance in California serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Silverado more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Bakersfield
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up on your computer.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado insurance costs with and without discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy Silverado insurance quotes in Bakersfield in Bakersfield, follow this link.
Car insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is important especially in Bakersfield.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Bakersfield that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Bakersfield that can give you price quote information.
Jim Windes – State Farm Insurance Agent
3512 Coffee Rd d – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (661) 588-1001 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Bakersfield should know the answers to these questions.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
Bakersfield car insurance company ratings
Selecting the top company can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Bakersfield. The company ratings in the next section can help you select which insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
One last thing about your coverage
Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies. More affordable car insurance in Bakersfield is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Bakersfield, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to find lower-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional car insurance information is available at the links below
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)