Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield? Scraping up a payment for high-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield can overdraw your savings account and maybe even restrict other spending. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to cut your insurance bill.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many drivers in California could pocket about 35% a year, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
How to find more affordable Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and a bad credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more ideas to help reduce prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Having so many choices for buying lower-cost insurance for a Honda CR-Z in Bakersfield, it is very difficult to pick the cheapest insurance company.
You should make it a habit to compare rates before your next renewal because prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal on Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield a few years ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. You’ll find a ton of advice on CR-Z insurance on the web, but you can learn a lot of great tips on how to reduce your insurance bill.
These tips will familiarize you with the best methods to compare rates and also save some money in the process If you already have coverage, you should be able to get lower rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Although California car owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Save Money with These Tips
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
- Big cities mean more claims – Being located in less populated areas has it’s advantages when talking about insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Keep premiums low by being claim-free – Companies in California award most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Certain vocations raise premiums – Careers like military generals, airline pilots, and accountants usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
- Incidental coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Low deductibles mean high costs – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your Honda. Some coverage claims could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Loss statistics for a Honda CR-Z – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure.
The data below shows the loss history for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda CR-Z Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Many insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield is possible for anyone because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. When complete, their system collects credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on the information you submitted. Being able to quote online for Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest price possible.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda CR-Z in Bakersfield, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your CR-Z has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can earn lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- American Family has savings for air bags, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, daytime running lights, good student, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, student driver, theft prevention, homeowners, and teen driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Bakersfield auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Insurance agents can help
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Bakersfield.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to participating agents in Bakersfield who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are Bakersfield car insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield.
Choosing an insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Bakersfield?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you receive positive feedback to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that can adequately provide insurance.
Best car insurance company in Bakersfield
Picking a good quality auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices there are in California. The ranking data shown below could help you decide which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
You just read many tips how you can compare Honda CR-Z insurance rates in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to quote cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield
The preferred way to find cheaper quotes for Honda CR-Z insurance in Bakersfield is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in California. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Bakersfield. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)