It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop around annually will presumably switch companies because the odds are good of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on Audi A5 insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a grasp of how to compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
The recommended way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Bakersfield.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Bakersfield. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find the best rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable rates by getting discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total A5 insurance premium.
- Bakersfield Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Bakersfield can help you save on insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for several vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a set time period.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Audi A5 auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include multi-policy, good student, age of vehicle, multi-car, and type of vehicle.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, good student, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, good student, passive restraint, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Bakersfield. To choose insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Bakersfield, click this link.
Audi A5 insurance charts and tables
The rate information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Audi A5 models. Being aware of how rate quotes are figured is important for making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$330||$648||$354||$20||$106||$1,458||$122|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$330||$648||$354||$20||$106||$1,458||$122|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$330||$732||$354||$20||$106||$1,542||$129|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$330||$732||$354||$20||$106||$1,542||$129|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$330||$732||$354||$20||$106||$1,542||$129|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$330||$732||$416||$24||$124||$1,626||$136|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$330||$732||$416||$24||$124||$1,626||$136|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$364||$732||$354||$20||$106||$1,576||$131|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$364||$732||$416||$24||$124||$1,660||$138|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$364||$732||$416||$24||$124||$1,660||$138|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$364||$818||$354||$20||$106||$1,662||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can modify prices significantly.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Audi A5 premium costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How much more does full coverage cost in Bakersfield?
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Audi A5 insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi A5 replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $600 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
What if I want to buy from local Bakersfield auto insurance agents?
Some consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Bakersfield.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Bakersfield who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare prices from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also write with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Bakersfield that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Fox, James H – James H Fox Insurance
42 Bernard St – Bakersfield, CA 93305 – (661) 322-2023 – View Map
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc.
2809 Unicorn Rd # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- Tony Camarena Insurance Agency
324 Oak St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 322-3500 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Bakersfield that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Megan Waite
4200 Easton Dr #1 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 327-3486 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Grant Fortt
2623 F St – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 829-4499 – View Map
- Mike Brazzell – State Farm Insurance Agent
3721 Columbus St – Bakersfield, CA 93306 – (661) 872-7770 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
What Affects Audi A5 Insurance Costs?
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better car insurance rates.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Combine policies and save – Some car insurance companies give lower prices to people that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- High physical damage deductibles lower prices – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Your employer can affect rates – Jobs like judges, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. Other jobs like scientists, engineers and retirees pay the least.
- An active insurance claims history can cost you – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in California provide the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Rates increase with driving citations – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims impact Audi A5 insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Audi A5 insurance loss probability – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi A5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Audi A5 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi A5 insurance, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi A5, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Audi for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Audi A5 but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last note
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheap Audi A5 insurance in Bakersfield can be bought on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Bakersfield car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)