It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely switch companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved approximately $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Bakersfield is why you’re reading this, understanding how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The recommended way to find low-cost Chevy Spark EV insurance in Bakersfield is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Cutting your Bakersfield car insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to take a few minutes comparing free Bakersfield car insurance quotes from online providers.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Choosing Spark EV insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Spark EV insurance, car insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy Spark EV with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Chevy Spark EV but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Find Cheap Auto Insurance with These Tips
Lots of factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Never go without auto insurance – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department.
Vehicle options that lower auto insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop vehicle theft.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Lower cost passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Chevy. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, vandalism, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Cheaper Bakersfield insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to monitor driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Large insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, good student, passive restraint, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, teen driver, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, driver training, anti-theft, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, good student, and defensive driver.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good driver, accident-free, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide offers discounts including accident-free, easy pay, business or organization, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount insurance rates in California, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my Chevy Spark EV covered if I use it for business?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Neighborhood Bakersfield auto insurance agents
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Most agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Bakersfield who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Bakersfield should know the answers to these questions.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What company do they have the most business with?
If you feel you receive good feedback and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to a company that meets the criteria to service your policy. Just be aware that you can always terminate your policy for any reason so don’t assume you are locked into your new company for any length of time.
Persistent drivers can save
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Bakersfield car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional car insurance information can be read at the links below
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Mazda CX-7 in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)