If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Bakersfield.
First, spend some time learning about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article gives information to keep prices down and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Baja coverage is available in Bakersfield. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One tip to remember is to use identical coverages on each quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s astonishing, but a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. With the average car insurance premium being $1,390, California drivers could save themselves about 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you’re already insured or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums and still have adequate protection. Locating the best rates in Bakersfield is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Drivers just need to know the most time-saving way to find the lowest price instantly.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The following are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Where you call home plays a part – Being located in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Less people means a lower chance of having an accident. People in densely populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most major auto insurance companies allow lower prices for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance of the car you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest base rates will generally be found on low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Improve your credit rating and save – Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit history is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru Baja by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
- Occupation stress can affect rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as lawyers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, students and the unemployed pay the least.
- Never let your coverage expire – Letting your insurance expire can be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage will get you fines or a revoked license.
- Careless drivers pay higher costs – Careful drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Just one driving citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Progressive may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Bakersfield drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to monitor vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount should help reduce your policy cost.
To view providers with discount auto insurance rates in California, follow this link.
Which car insurance company is best in Bakersfield?
Ending up with a high-quality insurer can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The company information in the lists below may help you select which coverage providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Bakersfield Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Be persistent to save money
We just covered a lot of tips how to find affordable Subaru Baja insurance in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Bakersfield car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best premium rates are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. More affordable auto insurance in Bakersfield is possible online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much are Bakersfield Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)