If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get more affordable Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance in Bakersfield is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in California.
First, try to understand individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View rates
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent insurance study discovered that most consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could pocket roughly $469 a year, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Toyota MR2 Spyder Insurance Premiums?
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
- Always have car insurance – Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Job stress can make you pay more – Careers such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other professions such as farmers, athletes and retirees get better rates.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Companies in California provide cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Vehicle risk impacts prices – The performance level of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The most favorable rates tend to be for the lowest performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Policy add-ons add up – Policies have extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Having a spouse brings a discount – Having a significant other actually saves money on your car insurance bill. Marriage is viewed as being less irresponsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
How to buy Bakersfield Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance online
There are several ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. The simplest method to lower the rate you pay for Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
It’s important to know that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Choosing the best Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance in California is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota MR2 Spyder in Bakersfield, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your MR2 Spyder with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your Toyota MR2 Spyder and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Car insurance companies don’t list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below details both the well known and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current MR2 Spyder insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Bakersfield car insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new MR2 Spyder can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Bakersfield car insurance quote as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, seat belt use, defensive driver, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for paperless, multiple vehicles, multi-policy, teen driver, company car, mature driver, and anti-theft.
- American Family may include discounts for good driver, defensive driver, good student, mySafetyValet, air bags, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance discounts include Switch & Save, multi-car, renters, anti-lock brakes, Pac-12 alumni, and homeowner.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, good student, multiple autos, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to view insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Bakersfield, click here.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A small number of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in Bakersfield.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Bakersfield can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Bakersfield independent agents that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
201 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- Miroslava Hernandez Insurance Agency
6433 E Brundage Ln # 2 – Bakersfield, CA 93307 – (661) 326-7200 – View Map
- California Insurance Specialist
1601 New Stine Rd # 100 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 397-3944 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Bakersfield willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Keith Goree – State Farm Insurance Agent
11350 Ming Ave #230 – Bakersfield, CA 93311 – (661) 663-9000 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Ruth Escobar
400 Chester Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 631-2420 – View Map
- Kelli Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
2665 Calloway Dr #206 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 829-1011 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. A good agent in Bakersfield will have answers to these questions.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Bakersfield?
Cheaper coverage is out there
Some insurance providers don’t offer rate quotes online and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Cheap Toyota MR2 Spyder insurance in Bakersfield is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Veterans in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)