Unthinkable but true, 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers can cut their rates by as much as 47% a year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
The preferred way to get low-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Bakersfield.
- First, try to comprehend individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as your driving record and poor credit can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
These techniques will teach you a little about the best methods to compare rates and how you can save the most money. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Comparison shoppers just need to use the proper methods to compare rates online.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen e-Golf in Bakersfield, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your e-Golf more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance Cost Equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find big savings.
The list below includes just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
- How’s your driving record? – Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Having a single speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. People who have dangerous citations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Improve your credit history and save – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen e-Golf if you clean up your credit. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than those with poor credit.
- Teen vs. older drivers – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience tend to be more careless in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Where you live can modify rates – Being located in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Low physical damage deductibles mean high premiums – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Volkswagen. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Slash rates with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in defensive driving could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current e-Golf insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for safety device, paid-in-full, good student, claim free, online quote, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for multi-policy, new graduate, multi-car, newly married, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for student away at school, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, multiple vehicles, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, anti-lock brakes, driver training, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in Bakersfield. To see a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Bakersfield, click here to view.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Bakersfield.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Bakersfield auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Below is a short list of insurance companies in Bakersfield that can give you rate quotes for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Bakersfield.
- Nationwide Insurance: Michaud Insurance Agency Inc
201 California Ave – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 633-9900 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5550 California Ave #101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 431-1780 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Scott Brown
6501 Schirra Ct #100 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 837-4100 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Shannon Hill
2500 New Stine Rd Ste 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93309 – (661) 836-1136 – View Map
Choosing an company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Bakersfield?
Upon getting good answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, most likely you have located an provider that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Ratings for California auto insurance companies
Finding a highly-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in California. The company rank data listed below could help you choose which car insurance providers to look at when shopping around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Volkswagen e-Golf insurance car insurance rates in Bakersfield. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Bakersfield auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests and unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Bakersfield is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Bakersfield Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Learners Permit in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)