Tired of paying out the nose to insure your Volvo every month? You have the same problem as many other California consumers.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Many drivers in Bakersfield can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Bakersfield
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Bakersfield. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more ideas to prevent high rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on S60 insurance. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. Immediately put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Vehicle owners have so many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
This information will introduce you to the best ways to compare prices and how to save the most money. If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. You just need to learn the tricks to compare rates online from multiple companies.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Volvo S60 insurance in Bakersfield is to know the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like the year, make and model of vehicles, if it has an alarm system, if a SR-22 is needed, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your information is instantly sent to all major companies and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo S60 insurance, buying insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S60 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards your Volvo S60 and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Learn How to Quote Car Insurance More Affordably
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower rates. Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- How old are your drivers? – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Rural areas have lower costs – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large California cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Insurance costs and driver gender – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Volvo earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Liability insurance is peace of mind – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Higher prices for car insurance lapses – Going without insurance can be a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
- An active claims history can cost more – Car insurance companies in California generally give discounts to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Poor driving means higher costs – Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get license-revoking citations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Volvo S60 claim statistics – Companies analyze the history of losses when setting premium prices. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Volvo S60 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S60 4dr 2WD 103 85 83 76 72 65 Volvo S60 4dr 4WD 111 73 90 65 66BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting a policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I rate my Volvo S60 as pleasure use or commute?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
Some companies do not provide rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Low-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Bakersfield is available online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to find cheap Volvo S60 insurance in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers may even find the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Steps to saving on Volvo S60 insurance in Bakersfield
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Bakersfield is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents and your credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Additional car insurance information can be found below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)