Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable car insurance rates in Bakersfield, CA? Bakersfield drivers have options when trying to find affordable Subaru BRZ insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a Subaru and get the lowest price from both online companies and Bakersfield agents.
If you have a policy now or just want cheaper coverage, you can learn to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Our objective in writing this article is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and some tricks to saving. Shoppers just need to learn the most efficient way to buy car insurance over the internet.
Affordable companies for Subaru BRZ insurance in California
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Bakersfield, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get the lowest price.
Cheaper rates on Subaru BRZ insurance in Bakersfield with these nine discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every policy discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save up to 5%.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used BRZ is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current BRZ insurance policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Bakersfield car insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, federal employee, multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
Check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply in Bakersfield.
Comparing rates from local Bakersfield auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Which family members are covered?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Bakersfield?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for surgery, hospital visits, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your BRZ to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Subaru BRZ.
Due to the fact that many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
We’ve covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Subaru BRZ insurance in Bakersfield. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More affordable auto insurance in Bakersfield is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
How to find lower priced Subaru BRZ insurance in Bakersfield
The recommended way to get low-cost Subaru BRZ insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Bakersfield. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and a poor credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Bakersfield. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Bakersfield Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)