The preferred way to save money on Tesla Model X insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Bakersfield. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates such as your driving record and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies. Find a Bakersfield insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Model X insurance in Bakersfield. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around at least once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A survey found that people who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $70 a month compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
Companies offering Tesla Model X insurance in Bakersfield
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
You may qualify for discounts for Tesla Model X insurance in Bakersfield
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can get lower premium rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Bakersfield car insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-theft, air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts including driver training, continuous insurance, home ownership, payment discounts, student away at school, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, renewal discount, multi-policy, safe driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for new graduate, new move discount, newly married, safety features, and good student.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, air bags, accident-free, multi-vehicle, early bird, good student, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
If you need cheaper Bakersfield car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply in your area. To choose car insurance companies who offer free Tesla Model X insurance quotes in Bakersfield, click here to view.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers still like to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Bakersfield who can give free rate quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
If you would like to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Agencies in Bakersfield can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out how they differ because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to use the same agent primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below are Bakersfield exclusive agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Kathy Herm – State Farm Insurance Agent
93314, 6515 Panama Ln #104 – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 832-1020 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Hero Singh
3400 Panama Ln h – Bakersfield, CA 93313 – (661) 229-4008 – View Map
- Dennis Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
1811 Oak St Ste 155 – Bakersfield, CA 93301 – (661) 327-6990 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Bakersfield that are able to give price quote information.
- El Dorado Insurance Agency, Inc.
2809 Unicorn Rd # 102 – Bakersfield, CA 93308 – (800) 221-3386 – View Map
- Crosby and Crosby Insurance Services
111 H St – Bakersfield, CA 93304 – (661) 327-5531 – View Map
- Hay Insurance Agency Inc.
4921 Calloway Dr # 101 – Bakersfield, CA 93312 – (661) 829-8933 – View Map
More effort can pay off
We covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Tesla Model X insurance prices online in Bakersfield. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Bakersfield car insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Bakersfield car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Bakersfield can be sourced from both online companies and with local Bakersfield insurance agents, so get free Bakersfield car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Bakersfield? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Bakersfield Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)